I feel like I’m giving away my family secret here. The changes I made are: in the instructions, ratio of brown to white sugar, and little notes here and there. Since these cookies get super gooey, it’s best straight off the pan and immediately consumed.
Based on AllRecipes.com recipe
Approximately 24 cookies
1 cup butter, almost at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp FRESH baking soda
2 tsp hot water (not that necessary)
1/2 tsp salt
~2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or any other add-in
1. Cream butter and sugars until smooth.
2. Add one egg, stir lightly, then stir in the other egg and vanilla.
3. Dissolve baking soda in hot water (or… just toss it in like I do). Add into batter with salt.
4. Stir in flour and chocolate chips/add-ins.
5. Freeze until ready to use.
6. Bake straight from the freezer in a 350 F oven for a little less than 10 minutes, until the cookies are set and lightly browned along the edges.