Essentially, it’s the same recipe as the Sweetest Kitchen’s version. However, I changed the measurements to 24 cupcakes, thereby doubling the amount. Also, since I’m not a fan of strawberry filling and the icing, I took that out too (Technically, this makes them muffins). Finally, I don’t have an electric mixer so I do this all by hand. Enjoy!
Adapted from Sweetest Kitchen
Makes 24 muffincakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon fresh matcha powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
2. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and matcha powder in a large bowl. Add butter, mixing until the cubes of butter are peanut-sized or a little smaller.
3. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
4. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or serve hot!