Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
inspired by All Recipe’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies IV
Changed the baking soda to half baking soda, half baking powder for more rising action. Also added addition cinnamon for taste. This is a really good recipe where you can make the cookie dough ahead of time and then freeze it until you want cookies. Just bake a little more! If you make small cookies, these are good, but amazing as big cookies too!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Combine eggs, vanilla and raisins in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Then stir in the raisin mixture and rolled oats.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.