There’s something immensely comforting about finger foods. Whether it’s dipping oven roasted fish sticks in chipotle ranch dressing or biting down on a simple grilled cheese sandwich, I love finger foods. Oftentimes, I like making a quick meal out of foods that are simple and don’t require a lot of work to put together. These crispy triangles are a perfect appetizer or a simple, good lunch.
Smoked Salmon on Crispy Wonton Triangles
Inspired by an Epicurious Recipe
1/8 cup neutral flavor oil, such as grapeseed or safflower
1/8 cup sesame oil
1 egg white
10-15 wonton wrappers, as many wrappers as the oil/egg white mix will cover; I use round wonton wrappers, but you can use square wrappers as well
salt and/or sesame seeds
3 oz smoked salmon, or a high quality deli meat
1/4 cup sliced red onion
cream cheese, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk oils and egg white in a small bowl.
3. Place wonton wrappers on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
4. Brush oil/egg white mixture on top of the wonton wrapper and fold in half. Brush top with oil/egg mixture.
5. Bake until crispy and a rich golden color, about 15 minutes.
6. Top with slices of smoked salmon, a smear of cream cheese or creme fraiche, and red onions. Enjoy!